Thursday, September 25, 2008

100 Swims Across the World

Well I must be certifiably insane. But then again, aren't most swimmers? 100 swims? The world? Huh?

On Tuesday night, Will Richardson came to Salisbury University for the E. Pauline Riall Lecture Series to deliver his lecture: Blogs, Wikis, and Podcasts. He said that one of the best things for future educators (like me!) to do was to blog about something we were passionate about, something that you wouldn't just run into someone else onto the street doing the same thing. Own the skill of blogging, then it won't be fake in the classroom (once you can have the tech to do it).

I have some pretty good examples set ahead of me. I've been following cfhusband.blogspot.com for about a year now, and this will serve like a charity blog like 25 days to make a difference.

So back to the real purpose. 100 swims!!! I love open water swimming. I love how it takes you around the world, to lakes, oceans, rivers, and how you can go from one city to the next using only your body, a suit, cap and goggles.

Open water swims tend to raise money for charities. Last June I raised over $1500 for the March of Dimes in the Great Chesapeake Bay Swim.

A few of these 100 swims may be swim a thons in a pool, because they will raise money for a good cause.

So here we go...100 swims for 100 charities, all around the world!!!

2 comments:

Mary Lee said...

I can't believe I found your new blog on the day you began it! I thought it was high time to come meet the "Lisa" who's been commenting on our blog, and when I looked at your profile, I saw Open Water Swimming! What's the chance -- that's in MY profile, too!!! I've only done a couple and just for a self-challenge. After back surgery in 2006, I may have to resign myself to being sometimes able to swim a mile in the pool. But no matter how slow and decrepit I am, I still LOVE swimming.

Good for you for such a big and powerful goal! GO FOR IT!!!!

CFHusband said...

Thank you!